Triumph Tiger Smart Diesel Conversion.

Bike and Parts, For Sale, Wanted, and For Trade.

Moderators: Dan J, Stuart, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil

Triumph Tiger Smart Diesel Conversion.

Postby Stuart » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:38 pm

Triumph Tiger Diesel Conversion.

Up for sale here is my beloved diesel Tiger. Fitted with a 799cc turbo diesel Smart car engine, this bike has 12 months MoT and is ready to ride away.

Many of you interested in the scene would have seen this bike in attendance at the UK & German rallys in recent years.

I'm reluctantly selling it because of a combination of factors. To make space for my own project diesel bike, health issues (tall, heavy bike to handle with a shoulder injury) and It's frustrating to use on long runs with slower bikes as I can't use it to its full potential.
Someone needs to ride this more than I do these days!

It's a bike best suited to a bigger person who intends to do distances or touring on their own or with a pillion. But it is a very heavy bike that could rightfully be nicknamed 'The Beast' or even 'King Tiger'. The bike is fitted with pannier racks and really needs to be used more than I'm using it.

New battery has been fitted recently & can be topped up easily via a floating plug. Wheels are also newish, the original Triumph items being replaced with BMW parts.
The bike has a slight oil leak but this could well be down to me insisting on putting more in against the advice of Neil!

Transmission is an Ultima Six speed box with true overdrive driving through a dry clutch and primary belt.

Potential buyers should note that the front suspension is a little soft & that the throttle action is somewhat light which necessitates slipping the clutch a little more than is normal. The latter could be rectified with a re-map at this years Hamm rally, should the guy who did it last year for others choose to attend again. That said, it's perfectly rideable and is possible the best performing diesel bike in the land.

Top speed: 110 mph.
MPG at a steady 56 mph: 130 mpg.
MPG at varying speeds: 100 mpg.
Range: Anything up to 550 miles per tank.

A lot went into building this machine hence the asking price but I'm open to offers.

Price: £6995 ovno.

Stuart
Tel: 07763 305967. (A text is best in working hours).
West Sussex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Stuart. Smart Turbo Diesel Tiger, Honda NC700S, Ducati Hypermotard 821, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Triumph Tiger Smart Diesel Conversion.

Postby pietenpol2002 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:37 am

So sad to see the two of you parting ways Stuart. But your reasons for doing so are understandable and admirable. And we share your grief. I do hope it goes to someone who can truly appreciate what a gem it is.
Ron
Goshen, IN USA
pietenpol2002
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Triumph Tiger Smart Diesel Conversion.

Postby Stuart » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:42 am

Yes, I've never had a bike built for me and what with my modifications, well, it's been a hard decision to make.
I'm open to any offers on it - it really needs to be ridden more. Best motorway mauler out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Stuart. Smart Turbo Diesel Tiger, Honda NC700S, Ducati Hypermotard 821, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
Stuart
Site Admin

Return to Classified Section